February 7, 1914
According to Tennessee history five Jackson business men organized Jackson Country Club on February 7, 1914. The club was founded to promote and afford social pleasure, entertainment and enjoyment of, to and for its members and to encourage and promote athletic sports of all kinds and character for the pleasure and enjoyment of its members. The location of the Club's original 9 holes was at the top of Prince Street. The Club housed nine (9) holes off golf from 1914-1928, and a stately Clubhouse Jackson that still stands today as a private residence. In the early part of 1929 the Club moved to its current location on the corner of Highland and Vann Drive in Jackson, and over the past 91 years the Club has garnered a reputation of not only hosting the best golf in West TN, but becoming a prime location for dining and social activity.
As the Club celebrates its 108th anniversary Jackson Country Club is proud to uphold the tradition of serving its members and their guests. Through various buildings, lean years, war years, and "boom" years, the Club has been at the forefront of social and athletic activities in the Jackson area
Over the past century as the city of Jackson has grown to be the "Hub City" of West Tennessee, Jackson Country Club has grown with it. Throughout all these changes over the last century, the family traditions of Jackson have been preserved and expanded up through to today. As we enter the fifth generation of Country Club members, the future is bright with an ever expanding membership filled with young executive families.